Dell EMC announced a wave of products, solutions and consumption models designed to help customers transform IT on their way to becoming a digital business.
“To ensure that they’re not “Uber’d”, “Airbnb’d” or “Tesla’d” in their marketplace, today’s organizations must embark on a digital transformation. To truly realize their digital future, we believe the vast majority of organizations will transform their IT through a hybrid cloud strategy,” said David Goulden, president, Infrastructure Solutions Group, Dell EMC. “The first ‘no regrets’ step is to modernize their data center through the most advanced converged infrastructure, servers, storage, data protection, and cybersecurity technologies to name a few. During Dell EMC World we launched a wave of new products and solutions designed as the building blocks for this endeavor.”
Announced during Dell EMC World:
• Expansion of its leading converged infrastructure portfolio through integration with PowerEdge servers into VxRail Appliances and VxRack System 1000 hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI).
• New Analytic Insights Module delivering all of the software, hardware and services necessary to stand up an environment for both big data analytics and cloud native application development in days rather than weeks.
• Endpoint Data Security and Management portfolio encompassing technologies from Dell, Mozy by Dell, RSA and VMware AirWatch, offering data protection, backup and recovery, identity assurance, threat prevention and advanced response, and endpoint device and application management capabilities.
• A new member of the Isilon product family, combining the high performance of flash technology with the #1 scale-out NAS platform in the industry.
• Updates to the Dell EMC Elastic Cloud Storage (ECS) platform, with new support for Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers. ECS 3.0 is purpose-built to help businesses navigate the shift to an increasingly digital economy, with multiple consumption models offering 60% lower TCO than public cloud storage.
• A new software-defined version of Dell EMC Data Domain protection storage delivering a 6x increase in scalability and support for Dell EMC PowerEdge Servers, along with new cloud-enabled software updates to help customers of all sizes ensure protection of applications and data in the modern data center.
• Has boosted the capabilities of its mid-market proven SC Series (formerly Compellent) storage arrays by making it interoperable with the world’s leading portfolio of storage management, mobility and data protection solutions formerly only available to EMC customers.
• Availability of OpenScale Payment Solutions from Dell Financial Services, developed to span a broad range of Dell EMC products and solutions.
• Preview of the company’s new and highly anticipated channel partner program. Built on three core tenets—to be Simple, Predictable, and Profitable—the new program strategy ensures partners have ample opportunity, business continuity and commensurate profitability no matter their program tier.