At the two day annual innovation summit hosted by IBM in Bangalore – IBM India Labs Engage 2016 – IBM emphasized the significance of ‘Co-innovation’ in building a Digital India.
Out of many Indian startups who have leveraged IBM’s cloud platform and/or cognitive solutions, five select start-ups demonstrated their innovative, industry specific offerings at the event.
Speaking at the event, Kaushik Bhaskar, Vice President, IBM India Software Labs, said, ‘With Cognitive technologies becoming a key differentiator in the global technology landscape, India need cognitive business models to leapfrog into the lead innovator ranks. There is also a fundamental shift required from ‘siloed’ innovation to ‘co-innovation’ to rapidly drive this transformation. IBM is increasingly focused on nurturing the ecosystem to drive this change.”
The event provided an opportunity for start-ups, ecosystem leaders, enterprises and investors to discover ideas that would breach technology frontiers and build disruptive applications for the Cloud and Cognitive Era. By participating in an immersive Design Thinking and Garage experience, participants also had a unique opportunity to unearth emerging client needs and rapidly create market- focused solutions.
The IBM India Labs Engage 2016 is part of IBM’s continuing commitment to support the Indian startup ecosystem by orchestrating the collaboration between enterprises, investors and start-up companies through various digital and physical platforms through the year. IBM engages with startups across sectors including fin-tech, health-tech and retail and provides access to key IBM programs and investments including IBM Global Entrepreneurship program; IBM physical and virtual Garages; IBM Labs; Digital Communities (Watson, Bluemix, IoT, Cloud etc.) to fuel ecosystem innovation.
The top five Start-ups who demonstrated their solutions at the event included:
1. AllizHealth: This Pune based preventive health start-up, has built a consumer focused health and wellness platform for early identification, tracking and management of health risk and conditions. It leverages IBM cloud platform to enable users to track various health risks and parameters, store digitized medical documents and also connect with doctors, caregivers etc.
2. Tagalys : This Chennai based start-up has developed an e-commerce personalization engine on IBM cloud to help online retailers improve visitor-product engagement and revenues. The platform studies visitor and segment shopping behavior, to deliver products most relevant to that visitor(s) across product discovery channels like Site Search, Merchandising, and Recommendations within the online retailer.
3. Signzy : Recently awarded as the most innovative solution by RBI, this Bangalore –based start-up, uses IBM’s cognitive and cloud solutions to make the digital regulatory processes simpler, secure and more compliant. Their unique online contracting solution uses the latest technology like biometric signature and blockchain to complete the entire online digital trust system.
4. Artifacia: Erstwhile called Snapshopr, this Silicon Valley and Bangalore based start-up provides an AI based visua discovery platform designed for retailers that helps them improve engagement and conversions on their apps and websites. Using IBM cloud technology, the platform helps their partners provide unique product discovery and personalization experiences to their customers.
5. Talview : This Bangalore-based start-up is a leading HR technology solution provider which leverages cutting-edge tech like neuro-linguistic programming, machine learning, and psycho-linguistics built leveraging IBM’s cognitive and cloud solutions. The solution provides mobile-video hiring and helps companies to accept applications, conduct automated and live interviews, video supervised written & code tests and complete on boarding formalities remotely on mobile/tablet and PC.