For enterprises needing the flexibility of truly “open” open source technology, SUSE today announced sponsors, keynotes and breakout session details for its upcoming SUSECON 2016 global end-user conference, to be held Nov. 7-11 in Washington, D.C.
SUSECON 2016 will showcase the latest software-defined infrastructure innovations in open source and Linux technologies. Big Data, DevOps, software-defined storage, cloud computing, zero downtime, data center standardization, Docker and containers, and SAP on Linux are among the topics geared to the needs of enterprise customers at SUSECON.
“For our end users, SUSECON is about two things – consuming extremely valuable content and getting face to face with SUSE engineers, executives, partners, other customers and community enthusiasts,” said Michael Miller, SUSE President of Strategy, Alliances and Marketing. “We’ll talk about transforming IT to increase efficiency, being agile to respond to changing business needs, and keeping mission-critical business systems up and available, among other topics. There is no better place to learn from and associate with knowledgeable peers on such relevant subjects.”
Keynote speakers include:
• Katsue Tanaka, Fujitsu senior vice president and head of Platform Software Business Unit Scott Farrand, HPE vice president of HPE Servers-Platform Software
• Kathy Bennett, IBM vice president of Global ISV Technical Enablement and Support
• Figen Ülgen, Ph.D., Intel general manager of High Performance Computing Platform Software and Cloud
• Brian Vink Sr., SAP vice president of Data Management Products
• Nils Brauckmann, SUSE CEO
• Michael Miller, SUSE president of Strategy, Alliances and Marketing Thomas Di Giacomo, SUSE CTO
SUSECON 2016 sponsors include Fujitsu, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, IBM, Intel and SAP as cornerstone sponsors, with platinum sponsors ARM, Cisco and Lenovo. Gold sponsors include Data Vard, Micro Focus, Microsoft Azure, NetApp and Wipro.